CILT Supply Chain Network
The Supply Chain Network was established as part of CILT's London Region activities in September 2004. It is a networking and learning opportunity for people working within the supply chain in retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers.
The group numbers about 50 people, with 20 typically at any one meeting. We meet about every five weeks or so in a pub near Baker St. Networking normally starts from 6pm onwards with snacks at 6.30pm and the 'formal' presentation from 7pm, with more networking afterwards. We aim to have a mix of 'experts' and presentations from within the group. The environment is very informal. The objective is discussion rather than a formal presenter at the front, with presenters encouraged to bring issues as well as experience.
We sometimes have spare spaces, so please don't hesitate to get in touch with Kirsten Tisdale of Aricia Limited, who set up and organises the group - just put 'Supply Chain Network' in the comments box on the contact form that this link takes you to, as well as completing your contact details. We're also always looking for sponsors - a link to your company website could be here!
NEXT MEETING: 6 November 2017 - our speaker will be Andrew Coulcher, Director, CIPS, who will be talking to the group on Building Resilience into Supply Chain Management. Andrew's presentation will cover:
- The risk landscape and its impact on businesses
- The burning platform for the profession
- Tools available and guidance for practitioners
FUTURE DATES: 2018 - 22 January, 5 March, 16 April, 21 May - all TBC
Here's a list of companies that came along to our past three events (updated June 2017): AB Foods, Actualis Marketing, Arcadia, Aricia Limited, Arrow Electronics, Autologic Systems, BDP International, Bibby Distribution, Bishopsgate, C S Supply Chains, Cadence Management Consulting, Catalonia Trade & Investment, CILT(UK), Contra Vision, DAI, Debenhams, EIPC, Finlays, Gartner, Intellitrans, IPPF, John Lewis Partnership, Kingsley Beverages, Knapp, LogistCompare, Logistics Partners, L'Oreal, Makowski Associates, Marks & Spencer, MDA, Mobius, Mott MacDonald, Newport Industries, Norbury Consulting, ParcelSpace, Quintiq, Shell, Signature Flatbreads, Smiths News, Tata Global Beverages, TGW, TRL, UNAMID, UPS, Witron, XPO, Yusen Logistics and more.
A recent attendee said: I just wanted to thank you for yesterday evening's event ...the quality of the presentation was very high. And another member said: Many thanks indeed ...I really enjoyed the evening.
Previous events have included the following topics - there are downloads for many of the more recent presentations (most recent at top):
- business continuity after Buncefield - download the presentation
- lean management - rolling it out and making it stick
- TfL's Freight Operator Recognition Scheme - download the presentation
- last 50 metres in the retail supply chain
- piggyback meeting with London Region's Careers Event
- demo of voice-picking
- visit to Boden's mail order fulfilment centre
- sourcing from central and eastern Europe
- disaster recovery after a warehouse fire
- CILT Knowledge Centre
- the Bullwhip Effect
- mobile phone supply chains
- discussion on whether retailers start seasons too early
- visit to Unipart at Cowley
- continuous professional development in the supply chain
- returns and reverse logistics
- the impact of weather on demand
- healthcare supply chains
- how to get buy-in on the logistics development agenda